Tuesday, December 15, 2009

snowboarding smack!!

well as most of use know snowboarding can be a blast for a winter sport. this last friday was my first chance in a year and a half to make it out to the slopes to ride. well mt lax may not be the best place in the world to ride but it does the job for wisconsin that is. from not being on a bored in 1.5 years it can be a little unforgiving because you have to almost relearn how to snowboard and get use to it in a very short time. well my last week experiance went somewhat like this. as i start off of the lift i wobble down to the path with one foot in the bindings to the start of the run. as i am going i relize that with my absents of riding i remember that i forgot to purchase a stomp for my bored. my back foot that is unstraped and out of the binding is out and slippng around. finally after a short little bit of chaios with that i make it to the start of the run. as i get strapped in and ready to go i start to get a little nervous because i am not sure what was gonna happen. as i start off things seem to be going good. my first thought about everything was how icey it was that day. luckily for me i had just gotten my bored retuned, waxed, and petexed. as i am going i find that the there are more than a few spots on the run that are just ice and that those parts are very hard to navigate through because the bored looses edge and slipes out easily. finally i make it down to the bottom of the run and back to the lifts. so i head back up for another go. with my confidence retaken i start my second run. as i am going i start to get faster and faster like i was use to with my previous years of snowboarding. as i am going at a rather fast pace at the moment i am trying to slow down for the ice spot well even though a snow bored has metal edges to cut into the snow it does not mean that they are unbeatable edges. well it just soo happends that my edge lets out and i fall. not a slow fall but a very fast and violent fall onto my face on the ice while i am sliding down the hill. just a short bit later i get up and inspect my face for any cuts or bleading luckily for me there was no breaks in the ice to cut me. well to my suprise theres no cuts even though it felt as if my face was bleading and slightly numb from the cold. while all of this is going on a few of my good friends watched this whole things happen while they where on the lift. as soon as we meet back up again i get laughed at for such a rookie mistake. even though i had gotten laughed at and somewhat humiluated from the accident. it just goes to show no matter how much experiance you have you always have to mind your
P's and Q's while doing dangrouse activitys lol. ps i still had a blast getting back on the bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment